Thursday, April 16, 2009

Flowers For Mothers Day?

It didn't take me too long to figure out that my mother simply wanted flowers for Mothers Day. Every time I tried to plan something elaborate, or buy something expensive, it always turned out that all she really wanted was an uncomplicated, enduring remembrance. And flowers just made her happy. She used to say that the scent of freshly cut flowers was better than any dinner at a fancy restaurant or the latest gadget (which she always had trouble figuring out anyway.) One year she even painted them as a gift back to me on Fathers Day.

As my life got busier each year, sometimes I waited until the very last minute to get her a bouquet, but I always managed. So the first time I heard about 1800flowers, I thought "Now THAT'S a good idea." The first time I called, I asked "Can I order in advance?" I think they owe me for that one.

So, if you're stuck, remember. There's no better gift that expresses how you really feel than getting Mom some flowers for Mothers Day. There are no mystifying buttons to figure out, and you don't even have to make reservations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment